“The only time one human being should be looking down on another is when they are helping them up.” – Tom Taylor, President, Bay Metals & Fabrication
Giving back to the community fosters a spirit of purpose and develops a strong sense of camaraderie within the Bay Metals & Fabrication team. We hold several fundraising opportunities annually to include:
- Supporting the Food Bank of southeastern Virginia with periodic donations
- Providing an opportunity for employees to automatically contribute weekly through payroll deductions to a cause of their choice – most of our workforce donates at least $1.00 a week
- Collecting bags of food items for donation at the annual Christmas party
- Participating in the American Heart Association Southside Heart Walk for the past three years. In 2015, our team raised $1861.39.
- Golfing in tournament for The Southside Boys and Girls Club
- Tom donates and supports The Children’s Hospital of Kings Daughters, EVMS, and Virginia Athletic Foundation